KS&G handles all aspects of environmental law and litigation. This includes advising buyers and sellers of real property, owners, developers, contractors, and lenders with respect to due diligence and environmental risk in business transactions, regulatory compliance, permitting, clean-up of contaminated property, liability, and exposure. Our attorneys have close working relationships with local and national environmental experts, and are able to manage teams of experts from different disciplines to produce an integrated approach to resolving client problems.
We have represented clients in environmental litigation, consultation, and regulatory matters including:
- Review of environmental risk for lenders, developers, buyers and sellers of real property
- Assistance with environmental permitting and compliance with State and Federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Defense of clients in governmental enforcement actions brought by Federal and State agencies including alleged violations of the Clean Water Act, RECRA
- Consultation and litigation of claims for coverage under insurance policies
- Defense of citizen suits brought under the Clean Water Act
- Negotiation of site specific remediation of contaminated real property
- Consultation and litigation regarding environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, archeological studies and environmental studies
- Cost recovery claims under CERCLA
- Releases from underground storage tanks and closure of underground storage tanks
- Due diligence investigations of properties for environmental contamination
- Toxic tort cases.