KS&G’s Construction Group represents and advises clients through all phases of a construction project, including site acquisition, construction financing, construction and design contract preparation and negotiation. Our clients include public and private owners, general contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, construction managers, lenders and sureties.
We represent clients on a variety of construction-related matters, including:
- Preparing and/or reviewing, negotiating and supplementing the entire spectrum of construction and design agreements between and among owners, contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, construction managers, construction lenders, material suppliers and governmental agencies.
- Advising clients on the use, and appropriate modification of, AIA, AGC and other standard industry contract forms
- Providing training and advise in using and implementing standardized contract forms
- Drafting RFP, RFI and RFQ
- Handling all aspects of land acquisition, zoning and land development approvals
- Review and drafting for all aspects of construction financing
- Providing advice on mechanics’ rights and lien avoidance
- Representing owners, architects and contractors in connection with state and local governmental permits and approvals, and providing advice on building code-compliance issues
- Advising contractors and design professionals on corporate formation and organizational matters
- Drafting engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts for alternative energy projects.
- Negotiation and documentation of work out agreements
- Consultation regarding and negotiation of Payment and Performance Bonds