KS&G advises condominium and community associations on compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
We also represent the interests of condominium and community associations in transactional and enforcement matters, including:
- Drafting, amending, analyzing and enforcing association documents such as articles of incorporation, declarations, by-laws and house rules.
- Prosecuting and defending claims on behalf of associations.
- Collecting outstanding assessments.
- Advising boards of directors on compliance with federal and state statutes such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Housing Act, Hawaii’s Discrimination in Real Property Transactions Act, and others.
- Advising boards of directors on day-to-day operations, including interpretation of and compliance with Chapters 514A and 514B of the Hawaii Revised Statutes (and accompanying regulations).
- Providing boards of directors with regular monthly status updates of delinquent accounts, relevant changes in the law and other pertinent issues.
- Attending board meetings to provide on-the-spot legal advice and guidance.