KS&G’s compliance practice covers the interpretation and application of state and federal banking and state insurance laws, as well as issues affecting operations and procedures of financial institutions. We advise clients on proper procedures and protocols involved in securing necessary approvals from the State Commissioner of Financial Institutions, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and the Board of Governors' Federal Reserve System.
We also advise clients on a full range of regulatory and compliance matters that affect daily operations and lines of business, including:
- Compliance with applicable banking and lending laws, including: Truth in Lending Act; Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act; Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act; Equal Credit Opportunity Act; Right to Financial Privacy Act; Regulation E; Regulation R; Regulation AA; Regulation DD; Fair Credit Reporting Act; Home Mortgage Disclosure Act; Fair Housing Act; Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act; Dodd-Frank Act; and other consumer credit areas and their accompanying state statutes and regulations.
- Negotiation and documentation of commercial, agricultural and real estate loan transactions.
- Reviewing data and operational matters, including security issues.
- Assisting with product design and implementation, and check and electronic payment processes.
- Review of reserve requirements and limits on withdrawals, Truth in Savings, Expedited Funds Availability Act, electronic fund transfers, bank security, right to financial privacy and other consumer deposit areas, along with accompanying state statutes and regulations.
- Counsel on the sale of insurance by financial institutions and other related matters.