The firm advises candidates, public officials, corporations, committees, individual contributors and voters on election laws, including those governing campaign finance and lobbying activities. Our attorneys have extensive experience helping clients navigate the applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Representing public officials and candidates in disputes over eligibility and residency
- Representing clients in administrative and court proceedings regarding alleged violations of campaign finance laws
- Bringing lawsuits on behalf of individuals, including candidates, challenging the application of campaign finance laws or the activities of opposing candidates
- Advising individuals and organizations as to contribution limits and reporting and registration requirements
- Registering candidate and non-candidate committees (including political action committees, ballot issue committees, and independent expenditure committees) with the appropriate commission(s)
- Providing legal clearance for campaign contributions, fundraising activities, and other political activities of business entities, nonprofit organizations and individuals